iA Writer 6.0.1 – Distraction-free digital writing tool
iA Writer is a digital writing tool that makes sure that all your thoughts go into the text instead of the program. Here is what makes iA Writer different:
- Character: No preferences. It is how it is. It works like it works. Love it or hate it.
- Signal vs Noise: Focus mode allows me to think, spell, and write one sentence at a time.
- Speed: Writer works without mouse. Automarkdown formats semantic entities such as headlines, lists, bold, strong, block quotes written in markdown.
Note: Currently only Latin alphabet and Russian languages are supported (no Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabian…).
Character: No Preferences
One of our goals was to create a writing app without settings. When opening Writer, all you can do is write. The only option you have is full screen and FocusMode.
Signal vs. Noise: Focus Mode (patent pending)
In Focus Mode you write one sentence at a time. Why? It’s a common pattern, that, instead of following the voice and fleshing out the text in one go, people start editing before the text is done. This is because we’re more easily distracted by signals similar to those we produce (text), than by signals that are different (the browser icon).
How to Use It: Writing one sentence at a time goes hand-in-hand with this rule of thumb for good writing: one thought per sentence. You might not like it because it’s not your thing. Fair enough. But if you ever get caught in one of those moments where the big white empty window scares you or when you get stuck in the middle of a text, try Focus Mode.
Speed: No Mouse
Auto Markdown will help you to format texts without letting off your keyboard. It’s easy. You can learn it in 30 seconds:
- # Headline 1
- ## Headline 2
- ### Headline 3
- 1. Numbered lists
- – Hyphenated Lists
- * Starred lists
- We also use *emphasis* and **strong**
Last but not least we use the Markdown for block quotes to make sure that quotes stand out as they are supposed to.
Auto Markdown automatically formats the Markdown language. The advantage is that you don’t need to use your mouse to create semantic structure.
To increase the pleasure of writing is exactly what we intended when creating Writer. A better tool doesn’t make a better craftsman, but a good tool makes working a pleasure.
- Wikilinks make it easy to connect, browse, and rediscover your writing
- A [[wikilink]] is a link from one text file to another
- To make a wikilink, just type [[ and the name of the file you would like to link
- Autocomplete suggests files from your Library
- Open the linked file with ⌘-click, or ⌘⏎
- If the file doesn’t exist, it’ll be automatically created and ready to type
- Navigation history keeps track of the files you recently opened using wikilinks, Library, or Quick Search
- To go back and forward, hold ⌘ and swipe right or left anywhere in the document
- Click the history buttons in the title bar
- Or press ⌃⌘← and ⌃⌘→
- Hashtags can be now added anywhere in text
- Autocomplete suggests hashtags as you type
- Consistent styling for hashtags and other links
- Show a hashtag in Quick Search with ⌘-click, or ⌘⏎
- All web links and email addresses are automatically detected
- Open a link in browser or compose a new email with ⌘-click, or ⌘⏎
- Control how wikilinks, hashtags, and autolinks are exported in Markdown settings
Content Block Improvements
- To add a content block, type / at the beginning of a line and the name of the file you would like to include
- Autocomplete suggests files from your Library
- A path to a file is no longer required. Filename-only content blocks automatically find the nearest matching file
- Open a text content block with ⌘-click, or ⌘⏎
- If the content block file doesn’t exist, it’ll be automatically created and ready to type
- All-new metadata engine enables powerful new features
- Provide variables to text content blocks, width and height attributes to image content blocks
- Supports Markdown in metadata variables
- Define global metadata in Markdown settings
Look and Feel
- Completed tasks are faded and crossed-out
- All-new highlight colors: yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue, and green
- Choose your favorite highlight color and configure completed task appearance in Editor settings
- Editor automatically inserts closing brackets
- Select text and type an opening bracket to wrap selection in matching brackets
- Added indent width setting
- Changed strikethrough shortcut to ⌥⌘U
- Changed highlight shortcut to ⇧⌘U
- Changed code shortcut to ⌘J
- Added code block command with shortcut ⇧⌘J
- Disabled spell checking, autocorrection, autocapitalization, and smart punctuation in code
- Set up ⌘E shortcut to use selection for find
- Changed shortcut to mark task as completed to ⌥⌘X
- Changed Library shortcut to ⌃⌘S
- Task list items are searchable with Smart Folders and Quick Search using [ ] and [x]
- Added ability to show and sort by date created in Library
- Added fuzzy Library Path matching to Quick Search
- Added an option to always show the title bar
- Replaced Delete in Library with Move to Trash, hold ⌥ to delete immediately
- Stopped asking to keep document changes by default, configurable in Files preferences
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Using VPN will prevent your ISP from tracking your activity especially when downloading torrents, so it is highly recommended to use VPN service to hide your identity & avoid DMCA notices!! GET VPN SUBSCRIPTION NOW
If you are using Adblocker!! Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content! Or read this to know how you can support us. Thank you!
Size – 24.6MB